Collaborative problem-solver, senior designer, and creative manager of digital, print, photographic, and motion projects. Skilled in graphic and production design, creative and project management, photo retouching and restoration, logo and brand development, and art direction. Experienced and effective in working with cross-functional teams on projects for high-profile brands as well as managing fellow designers and production artists.
Machinima | Warner Bros. Digital Network Group | Burbank, CA
Senior Manager, Creative Services | Aug 2017 – Present
NBC Entertainment Marketing & Digital | Universal City, CA
Senior Digital Designer | NBC.com + Apps | Sept 2016 – Aug 2017
- Create promotional assets for NBC on its official site and platforms.
- Develop digital-only “series art” for series and specials.
- Work closely with UX, social, product, development, sales, and project management teams to develop and maintain design and brand standards.
Disney Interactive | Glendale, CA
Manager, Creative Services | Disney Infinity + Mobile Games | Sept 2014 – July 2016
Associate Manager, Design Services | Mobile Games | Jan 2014 – Sept 2014
- Established, maintained, and managed the visual direction, brand identity, and production quality of projects ranging from Disney Infinity packaging and digital marketing to submission assets for mobile and console games.
- Acted as Lead Designer and Art Director on a fast-paced, high-volume team.
- Executed projects from inception to completion, from initial creative brief and specs/requirements through to final delivery and asset management.
- Hired, trained, and coached a team of designers and production artists.
- Retained most projects in-house, reducing outsourcing expenses and lead times while increasing brand consistency and on-time deliverables.
- Designed animated motion graphics for social media posts and videos.
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Online | Glendale, CA
Visual Designer | Disneyland.com + DisneyWorld.com | Apr 2013 – July 2013
- Executed interactive and mobile designs based on established style guides.
- Annotated specifications to aid development and QA teams.
- Developed and recommended best practices for Retina graphics.
Apple Inc. | Cupertino, CA
Interactive Production Lead | Apple.com | Feb 2012 – Feb 2013
- Oversaw graphic production for software (iOS, OS X, iTunes, iWorks) launches and updates, as well as addressed image issues and optimization.
- Co-led production team to ensure high-quality assets for all displays.
- Collaborated with editorial, design, traffic, content, development, publishing, and international teams to meet production goals and ensure efficient file handoffs for global Apple sites.
ABC DIGITAL MEDIA | Burbank, CA
Designer – Production | ABC.com + Oscar.com | Feb 2010 – Feb 2012
- Managed daily graphics requests for homepage, email newsletters, partner platforms, as well as sponsorships.
- Ensured consistent and current branding across all digital projects, based on on-air and print logos, keyart, and photography.
- Collaborated with designers, developers, and producers to create custom, cross-promotional design elements that resulted in increased traffic and user engagement for priority series and specials.
- Created annual graphic content for Oscar.com.
YAHOO! ENTERTAINMENT | Santa Monica, CA
Production Designer | Yahoo! TV, Kids, Movies, Music | Aug 2009 – Feb 2010
- Partnered with producers and copywriters to create custom graphics, including homepage and slideshow images, newsletters, and “sponsored by” programs, adding visual variety while reinforcing established branding standards.
- Assisted Y! Music with photo research and asset management.
ABC DIGITAL MEDIA | Burbank, CA
Production Designer | ABC.com + Oscar.com | Feb 2008 – Apr 2009
- Coordinated with design, editorial, and video teams to create daily graphic updates for the homepage and full episode player.
- Worked closely with digital marketing team to design creative graphic assets for ABC Insider, the network’s weekly email newsletter.
- Produced promotional elements for content partners, including Hulu, AOL TV, and Yahoo! TV based on on-air and online priorities.
WALT DISNEY INTERNET GROUP | Burbank, CA
Designer | FamilyFun.com + Wondertime.com + Family.com | July 2006 – Oct 2007
- Collaborated with designers, illustrators, and producers to create graphic content, printables, and banner ads for a trio of parenting sites.
- Managed daily, weekly, and monthly graphic updates and weekly email newsletters for FamilyFun.com.
- Provided art direction on photo and video shoots.
- Researched entertainment, travel, and stock photography.
SIGHTMEDIA | Los Angeles, CA + San Jose, CA
Owner + Designer | Freelance Projects | Oct 1999 to Sept 2014
- Designed and produced digital and print projects for a variety of clients, ranging from fellow freelancers and small businesses to large corporations.
- Wrote and/or edited site content, utilizing SEO and UX best practices.
- Produced, edited, and encoded online audio and video clips.
- Served as webmaster and admin for dozens of sites.
Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom,
After Effects, Premiere) | Sketch | Keynote | Powerpoint | Mac/PC
University of North Texas | Denton, TX
Bachelor of Arts in Radio/Television/Film | Cum Laude
Additional Coursework in Art History, Mass Media Law, and Screenwriting